CMDBf

Wednesday 29 July 2009


The announcement today of a standard CMDB specification for the federation of data across multi-vendor environments is a good one.

I have not yet read through the full spec - at 70+ pages it's a few nights work for me, but the working group of companies is satisfyingly complete.

About time really, how long have the vendors been fighting with each other leaving us as casualties? but I digress, I think this (in theory) is a step forward in the population and maintenance of a real CMDB, though I do think it's interesting that they do not call this a CMSf.

All we need now is for all the vendors to adopt this spec quickly, follow their own guidelines, and leverage this to achieve the full potential of the CMS.

I imagine we are a few years away from seeing any impact from this announcement, but I have been wrong before.

0 comments:

Post a Comment